Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Job, New Life

I got a new job on thursday.

Not just any job, but a freakin' AWESOME job. The kind of job that you accept and just can't wait to start. The kind of job that is the beginning of a lifetime career choice.
I've had previous jobs that I've accepted where I've known that the job would not exactly be "fun". Now, not every job is "fun". But I want to have fun with my job! I want to enjoy my job. I want to wake up every morning and be excited to start work.

This is the kind of job where that WILL happen. I know it. The kind of job which required me to buy a new wardrobe yesterday and spend hundreds of dollars and I didn't mind one bit.

I don't ever want to be in the situation where I accept a job that is more of a disappointment than anything else. No more phone calls from temp agencies that offer work like "box packing, receptionist, or data entry".

This is so incredibly exciting I can hardly stand it. You are reading the words of the newly hired nursing home activities assistant!

No comments: