Saturday, June 18, 2005

Weirdness

It may be the weather, it may be the season, but whatever is going on.... things are weird. It's incredibly warm and freaking humid outside and I hate it. My only wall that faces the outside world is practically a giant window, which in turn is acting like a giant solar panel every morning. My A/C is cranked down to what it says is 45 degrees but is actually at least 75. IT'S HOT! And to show just how weird things have become for me in the last few weeks, here's a recap-

- Bought the new backstreet boys cd, and have already listened to it in it's entirety. Back in the good ol' days of 1997-2000, my bedroom walls were plastered with their posters and magazine cut-outs and had almost every video they ever made and albums from australia and germany and japan.......but now I'm 23. What's going on? And I actually like the new CD! WHOA!

-Cab drivers have taken over my apartment building. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. LITERALLY. They sit, waiting to pounce on the valet guy once he blows his whistle across the street at the Hyatt. They congregate outside the entrance, they stare at everyone who passes. I can't wait until road construction is finished and they move back to their original place a block over.

-I got my dad's 401K check in the mail, amounting to a little under $600. He was alive for 46 years and had a total amount in a 401K of under $1600. Now I can never say that I didn't get anything out of the relationship, but an actual father-daughter relationship would have been nice.

-My friends who live a few blocks over have started to act and speak like puppies. More on that subject in a new post, which shall be entitled "the puppy peave".


-One of my dearest friends from high school was married a couple of weeks ago. this required travel to my hometown of madison. enough said.

Freaking hey, why is everything feeling so wierd?

No comments: